Surving the Empty Nest- I Am More than a Mom

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Making a sick child smile!

So are you getting caught up in the Olympics or are you still finding time to craft?  I am spending my time doing a little of both.  I just can't seem to stay out of the craft room no matter what is on television. 
 
I am on a mission to create as many cards as I can for this month's  I Feel the Love Project!  As you know, the I Feel the Love Project collects and sends handcrafted cards to individuals, families, and groups who are experiencing a difficult time in their life/lives.  
https://www.uclahealth.org/homepage_sanmon.cfm

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Angels-for-Ashley-Nelinger/231237380351964
For the month of February 2014, we are collecting uplifting, cheerful greeting cards for the sweet kids spending time at Santa Monica UCLA medical Center.  These kids were chosen to be a part of this project by Ms. Ashley, a two time cancer patient who has herself received care at this facility. Click HERE to read all the details and learn how you can be a part to this fabulous project. 

 (Click on photo to enlarge)
It may be hard to see in this photo, but I created the background paper using 9 different rubber stamps from the "Just a Little Note to say..." stamp set designed by Emma at My Creative Time. 

The sweet sentiments were paired with the adorable teddy bear from the Create a Critter Cricut cartridge.   

You know I typically like to add a ribbon or twine and on this card I chose a pretty red ribbon to compliment the paper and add a pop of color!

I am entering this card in the following challenge:


Thank you for stopping by today.

Until next time.
 
Cindy

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet thinking of you card! Love how you used the My Creative Time stamps for the background!
    Thanks for sharing and playing along with us over at MCT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Way to go for using so many stamps from just 1 set! Looks awesome and for such a good cause too!!! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card and for a great cause! thanks for joining the challenge at My Creative Time!
    liz :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME job with your card, great cause!!! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time Designer Challenge!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card, thanks for playing along with us at MCT!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete