Surving the Empty Nest- I Am More than a Mom

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Choose Joy! My inspriational canvas!

My name is Cindy Womack and I am the creative force behind the blog I am More Than a Mother, Life with an empty nest!  I am a guest designer today on the Bella Craft Blog!  Recently I attended a church service and our Pastor spoke about "Choosing Joy" and how this would have a positive impact on your life. I knew that I would be designing a canvas based on this inspirational message.

 Here are the supplies that I used...

 Silhouette Cameo
8 x 11 canvas
Paint
Mod Podge
Paint Brush
Flowers

...to create this lovely and meaningful canvas
  
Tutorial:
 Paint the blank canvas, let it dry, then give it a second coat.  

Using the Silhouette Cameo (or cutting machine of your choice), design, cut, and adhere the chevron, as well as the sentiment to the canvas using Mod Podge.  Give it a good coat and go over any spots that don't seem to be adhering the paper to the canvas.
Deconstructing the flower: 1. Start with the whole flower. 2. Strip the flower petals and leaves from the stem by bending back the plastic that attaches each layer. 3. Reconstruct the flower one layer at a time keeping it secure with a brad.  This process eliminates all the bulky plastic and allows you to adhere the flower to the canvas using a brad. 

Add any other embellishments to the piece that you would like.  In this case, a cross and several white pearls were attached to the canvas to complete the look.  These were attached using a hot glue gun.

The canvas is ready to hang and become a 
meaningful focal point of your wall.

If you have any questions about this project, drop me an email and I would be happy to discuss them with you.
Iammorethanamother@charter.net

Have a wonderful day and thank you for stopping by.
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment