Surving the Empty Nest- I Am More than a Mom

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Creating for a Cause! Pleases join us:)


I am having so much fun designing and creating handcrafted greeting cards.  For those of you who are new to blogging and crafting, the Paper Crafting World Design Team creates handcrafted greeting cards, scrapbook pages, altered items, ect. using cutting files and digi stamps from the Paper Crafting World collection.  We are here to show you a variety of different ways that these products can be used and just how easy it is to make simple, yet beautiful, handcrafted items.

This week I made a card for a special cause, the I Feel the Love Project.  As some of you may know, the I Feel the Love Project collects and sends handcrafted cards to individuals, families, and groups who are experiencing a difficult time in their life/lives.  For the month of August, unsigned birthday cards are being created and collected so that they can be sent to SAFEHOME, a shelter for survivors of domestic violence.  The women and children in the shelter will thus have birthday cards on hand to give to one another when they need.  How great is that??

This birthday bear digi stamp was created  by Ms. Melin at Papercraftingworld.com and is available for just 99 cents.  I decided to change it up a bit by using Photoshop.  Luckily for me, I had a wonderful teacher to help me through this process.  My daughter, Madison, showed me how to erase the strings so that I could use my own string.  She also showed me how to color the arm back in once the string was erased.  The balloons and birthday hat got a new paint job as well.  Here is what I came up with after  my changes.


As you will notice in the card, once the image made it to the Cameo, it was flipped before cutting.

Since I wanted to make a card that a boy could use, I chose to stay away from the pinks and purples.  A pom pom was added to the top of the party hat for fun!! 

Time to head out the door to work.  Thursdays are a busy day for me.  As you know by now...
I am More Than a Mother.

Until next time.
 
Cindy

1 comment:

  1. Cindy, I just love this card! Love your choice in colors! Love the additional pom pom on the top of the hat as well! It is so cute! :)
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete