Surving the Empty Nest- I Am More than a Mom

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Getting Started

Hi and welcome to my first blog post at "I am More Than a Mother." Today I want to share a little bit about myself before I get started.  My name is Cindy and I have been married to my husband Larry for 23 years. We have three children; Dalton, 21; Aaron, 20; and Madison, 18.  For the past 21 plus years I have devoted my life to raising my kids. I wouldn't  trade a minute of my past. I loved each and every memory I created with my kids. I am one of those women who was born to be a mom. 
Madison graduated from high school this past week and my days of raising school aged children has come to an end.  Having said that, it is now time for me to explore all the fabulous opportunities that I didn't have time for when my children were younger.  I know that I am more than a mother and I can't wait to see how the next part of my life unfolds.

I started this blog for several reasons. I have always wanted to blog, but I felt the extra push when I read a blog post from Angelica at AngSuarez Creative.  She is kicking off a new blog and summer project called Summer of Enough.  If you are interested in learning more about this project and participating click on the link above or click HERE.  I will be blogging about my thoughts and feelings regarding this program as the summer moves along.

Thank you for joining me.  Feel free to share my blog with your friends.  

Cindy  




2 comments:

  1. Cindy, this is just so incredible. So blessed to have you on board. Reading this makes my heart SO happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world Cindy!! I look forward to keeping up with you on your blog! I will check out this Summer of Enough and see what it is all about. If I have time I will try and participate in it. Summer is such a busy time with all that I have to take care of around the yard and with my farmer hubby. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete